Saturday 5 May 2007

Stories from the city: part I

So here I am, back in London after the break in the States.
Work first: the course was really really good! Three days of theory on how to collect data from a protein crystal and three days of practice at the synchrotron. Now probably not many of you are interested in the "beauty" of crystallography so I will cut it short. Only one thing I would like to stress: I met people from virtually all over the world and after a week it was great to see little groups of three or four persons trying to solve a structure late at night, crowding the space in front a computer and listening to an expert that accepted to stay up until the end...
I wish things like these would happen more often, they just remind me why I want to do science.



No comments: