Wednesday 23 May 2007

The sky above Berlin

There is a movie of a kind I haven't seen in the last few years... It's a german movie, in black and white, terribly slow and poetic, about angels, love and Berlin.
It's called Der Himmel uber Berlin. What I remember as a striking feature of that movie is the sense of thoughtfulness and at the same time of irony that the city was communicating. I wasn't expecting it but I had the same feeling in East Berlin last weekend.
I like that city, it is still full of open spaces, like grass fields among the buildings, sometimes modern buildings sometimes really old ones. and the germans are sooo relaxed! Don't believe what they say in Italy: at least in east Berlin people are taking things really easy and that's a good thing. Actually, there is a thing they are really seriuos about and that is electronic music (loong night on the Spree on Saturday.... not really used to it anymore)!!! again, I am lucky to have friends that are living there, definetely the best way to enjoy the city!!!! A really great weekend!

uhm.. and now?? back to Italy next weekend!! and then I will have to stay quiet for a while... otherwise I will have serious problems in deciding where my "home" actually is! God, I have the travel bug!!


No comments: