Monday 19 February 2007

Festivals

Basically, they are usually three to five days of chaos, huge tent camps, no showers, weather that can be either so hot that you end up thinking that beer can be drunk warm (wrong, wrong, wrong) or so rainy that you end up in a puddle of mud. But they are also the best possibility you have to enjoy a lot of good music in the same place and meet an awful lot of people.
Basically, I can't wait to go to another one... (last year we went to the Isle of Wight festival...)
The big thing this year is Glastonbury, no doubt about it.
But I'm not quite sure that it's also the best choice:
1 145 quid of ticket...
2 no idea of who is going to play before the tickets go on sale...
3 mandatory registration a month before the start the selling of the tickets...

Other people suggested Werchter: Kaiser Chiefs, Bjork, Muse, Artic Monkeys, Pearl Jam, The Kooks, Metallica, Faithless, Beastie Boys, Incubus, The Chemical Brothers. 160 euro and the festival is in Belgium but friends that have been there last year told me it was really well organized so.... I'm tempted..

I'm not sure yet, especially since I'm trying to save money to travel this summer (yes yes I say this every spring and then I never go anywhere but this is the right year, I can feel it ;), I'll probably end up doing the registration for the big thing and then decide at the last minute, as usual...
But, hey, it's festival season, doesn't it smell already like summer?

No comments: