Monday 19 March 2007

Chaharshanbe suri

Waiting for the new Iranian Year that will start next Wednesday, we said farewell to the last Wednesday of the year 1385 last week with a wonderful dinner at a traditional Iranian restaurant, Behesht, not far from where I live. The food was simply amazing (mental note, go back there again) and the portions of a kind it's difficult to find in London... This, and the traditional atmosphere of the restaurant accounted for a really fascinating experience.
I realised I don't know much of Iran (when I first arrived here I though they speak arab there, shame on me...), a place with a great history and wonderful people.
Not that I understand what's happening now under Ahmadinejad, but I really want to learn more about the country and maybe go there one day...

We ended the night leaping over the fires as they still do in Iran (although we had to bend the tradition to three little lights :).... It was a great night!

No comments: